There are many things about Willmott Dixon that we believe makes us unique.
Our award-wining approach to the environment, our people and partnering are just three examples.
As one of the largest privately owned companies specialising in construction, development and support services, we pride ourselves on strong family values of loyalty, respect, honesty and openness. They are embedded in everything we do.
Investing in Communities
Did you know that in 2013 we:
- increased the value of our community investment activities through the Willmott Dixon Foundation from £1.13m in 2012 to £1.37m in 2013.
- trained 4,250 people through the Willmott Dixon 4Life Academy.
- employ 83 apprentices either directly or shared with other organisations.
- mentor nearly 1500 young people each year
- participated at over 60 careers events which were attended by well over 10,000 young people
- arranged and facilitated visits to our sites for 2,400 students and school children
- provided work experience opportunities to 350 young people
- gave 50 presentations at schools to over 5,500 children of all ages
- employed 98 management trainees
- invested £2.25m in our employees’ development, with each employee receiving an average of 2.5 days’ class-based training.
We have one of the best retention rates in the industry and on average people stay with us for over ten years. We also have more ethnic minority and female employees (six and 17.4 per cent) than the industry average (3.8 and 14.7 per cent).
Our attention to quality and value has seen Willmott Dixon named as Building magazine's Major Contractor of the Year in 2011 and 2013, along with a host of other accolades of people investment, innovation and sustainability. See more awards here